HTC One X is one of the best Smartphones with mid-range specs which officially runs on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. However, HTC has stopped the official updates for the HTC One X device so there will be no Android lollipop update for the same. Nowadays, every new mid-range smartphone coming with Android 5.0 Lollipop version out of the box. So, in case, if you are planning to ditch your old HTC One X for just not getting the latest update then please don’t! Because third-party developers has already ported Android 5.0.2 Lollipop version to HTC One X via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
The Resurrection Remix ROM is one of the best Custom ROMs for HTC One X because it comprises the features of most popular CyanogenMod ROM, Slim ROM, Omni ROM and original Remix ROM. So, it’s the perfect combination of both performance and customization.
So, if you are willing to Update HTC One X to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix ROM then follow the below step-by-step guide. Here I will provide you a detailed tutorial on How to Update HTC One X to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix ROM. Let’s go for it guys!
- Keep your device battery charged up to 70% – 80%.
- Don’t forget to enable USB debugging mode.
- Ensure that you have backed up your all important data.
- Your HTC One X Bootloader must be unlocked. If not, then unlock from HTCdev site.
- Make sure your smartphone is rooted and TWRP/CWM installed on it.
Read: How to Root HTC One X
Download Required Files:
How to Update HTC One X to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix ROM
1) You need to download both the above files on your Computer and then copy it to the root of your device storage.
2) Then, shut it down!
3) Now, start your HTC One X into recovery mode by pressing “Volume Down + Power” buttons together for a few seconds and from there, choose “Recovery” option.
4) Then, you have to format your device staying into recovery itself. To do so:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“, then select “Yes”.
- Again go back to the Recovery main menu, select “wipe cache partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
5) Finally, it’s the time to update HTC One X to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix ROM by flashing ROM and Gapps files.
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select “ROM.zip” file > select “OK” to start the flashing process.
- Similarly, you can flash “Gapps” as above.
Step 7: Once the flashing process is completed successfully. Select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose “reboot system”.
Your smartphone will take 10-15 minutes to start and initialize all the services & apps, because this is the first time you are starting your device after upgrade.
Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your old HTC One X smartphone to the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop version. If you have any questions regarding guide then you can post them via below comments section. Enjoy 😀