Definitely, the Samsung is going to release the latest ‘Marshmallow Update’ for its newly released ‘A & J Series Smartphones’. But, the company hasn’t defined the exact date for it! However, one can download and update Galaxy A5 to Marshmallow using unofficial CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM. As I said, this is an unofficial CyanogenMod 13 update which is compiled by ‘TheWhisp (Recognized Xda Developer)’ . So, those users who don’t want to wait for the official release can go with this unofficial Marshmallow update for Galaxy A5 (SM-A500FU).
In this article, we are going to teach you to Update Galaxy A5 to Marshmallow via CyanogenMod ROM. So, in case, you are the owner of Galaxy A5 and want to update it to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow version then you’re at right place fella. Let’s jump to the step-by-step procedure on How to Update Galaxy A5 to Marshmallow via CyanogenMod ROM.
- Check that your Galaxy battery must possesses at least 70% of charging. If not, then you have to charge up to that levels.
- Make sure you have enabled “USB Debugging” mode found under the “Settings” option.
- Never forget to take backup of your current ROM and data.
- The most important, your Galaxy A5 must be rooted and possess any Custom Recovery.
Download Samsung Galaxy A5 Marshmallow Update ROM Files
How to Update Galaxy A5 to Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM
Step 1: Catch the ROM and Gapps packages from the above links on your system.
Step 2: Then, connect your Galaxy A5 with your system and copy the downloaded files to the root directory.
Step 3: On completion, disconnect your device and turn it off completely.
Step 4: Now, start your Galaxy A5 in to recover mode and to do so, you have to follow the below key combination.
- Press and Hold “Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons” until you get the Samsung logo.
Step 5: Once you are into recovery mode, you have to perform a complete format.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“, then select “Yes” for confirmation and wait till the data wipe is complete. Now, go to CWM recovery main menu.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and after that, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
Step 6: Finally, it’s the time to Update Galaxy A5 to Marshmallow xda by flashing ROM and Gapps packages. Follow the below method:
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select “ROM.zip” file > select “OK” to start the flashing process.
- Similarly, you can flash “Gapps” as above.
Step 7: Once the flashing process is completed successfully. Select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose “reboot system”.