Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8: Two months back, Samsung unveiled Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Smartphone running on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean. Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is powered by 1.4GHz dual core processor with 2GB RAM and powerful 2600mAh battery. Samsung Galaxy Mega goes on sale in certain countries and in specific region only. Still the phone has not gained much popularity, the rooting method for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is revealed.
This article covers the guide on How to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and install CWM Touch Recovery on it. As you will traverse below, we will surely guide you through the entire process of how to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and install CWM Touch Recovery with complete steps. But before that please read the prerequisite, requirements, disclaimer and other important notes. Are you ready? Then stuck your eyes on the post and follow each step carefully.
The article consists of following four sections:
Disclaimer: Rooting your device voids will void its warranty. We are not the developers (iDroidSpace.com) if anything happens to your phone while performing mentioned tutorial then don’t blame us. And the strict instruction, this root method is only for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 so don’t try on any other phone. Follow the tutorial as per your own risk 😉
1. Make sure your mobile should have 70 to 80% battery.
2. Enable USB debugging mode (Menu (app drawer) > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box).
3. Ensure that you have backed up your all important data.
2. Download “Odin“.
3. Download “CWM Touch Recovery“.
4. Download “SuperSu“.
5. Download “Stock Recovery“
1. Download all the three files on your computer to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8.
2. Extract “Odin.zip” on the desktop and place “CWM Touch Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8” in it.
3. Switch Off your phone, take out the battery and insert it back. Now boot your phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding the “Volume Down + Home button” together, and then press the “Power button“ till you see the Android Construction logo. Once again press “Volume Up” button to confirm.
4. Open “Odin.exe” (from extracted folder) and connect your phone via USB cable to your computer in download mode. If your phone is connected successfully the one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow/green.
5. Click on “PDA” button and select file “.tar.md5” (from extracted folder).
6. Please make sure that only “F. Reset Time“ and “Auto Reboot“ options are checked on Odin.
7. Now, click on the Start button on Odin to start the installation process. Installation will take a few minutes to complete so please wait for the complete process.
8. Finally, when the installation process is completed successfully you will see the “PASS” message on Odin and then your device will reboot automatically. Now, you can disconnect your phone from computer.
That’s it! You have successfully installed CWM Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8. Now we will see the procedure to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 as below:
(Note: If in case CWM Recovery doesn’t work for your device then you can flash “Stock Recovery” via above method only, just by replacing “PDA” file.)
9. Place “SuperSU” file in external/internal memory of your device.
10. Now, boot in to recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button“.
11. In recovery menu, choose “install zip from SD card” > Give a path to “SuperSu” file from an internal/external SD card > Give “Yes” to confirm to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8.
12. When the installation process is completed select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose “reboot system” to reboot your phone.
Hurray! You have successfully rooted and installed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. So, it is the complete step by step guide on “How to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and install CWM Touch Recovery“. We are not professional android users, so if you meet any problem while rooting and flashing ClockworkMod Recovery then lets us know so that we can solve it. Also let us know, if it works for you or not? Happy Rooting 😀