This year, Samsung has lined-up a series of flagship device in Galaxy series. Recently, it has launched a Samsung Galaxy S4 with awful features and added one more flagship device to the Galaxy series. Before the launch of Galaxy S4 , another Samsung’s flagship device was ruling the market is Samsung Galaxy S3 with his robust features and running on Android 4.1.2 Jellybean. As it is precious Smartphone, it was attracted by developers and to supercharge the phone they develop the procedure to root it.
This article covers the procedure to root Galaxy S3 running on Android 4.1.2 easily. As you will traverse below, we will surely guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy S3 with complete steps. But before that please read the prerequisite, requirements, disclaimer and other important notes. Are you ready? Then stuck your eyes on the post and follow each step carefully.
The article consists of following three sections:
Disclaimer: Rooting your device voids will void its warranty. We are not the developers (iDroidSpace.com) if anything happens to your phone while performing mentioned tutorial then don’t blame us. And the strict instruction, this root method is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 so don’t try on any other phone. Follow the tutorial as per your own risk 😉
1. Make sure your mobile should have 70 to 80% battery.
2. Enable USB debugging mode (Menu (app drawer) > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box).
3. Ensure that you have backed up your all important data.
2. Download “Odin“.
3. Download “CF-Root Package“.
1. First download “Odin and Root Package” from above and extract both the files on desktop in one folder.
2. Switch Off your phone, take out the battery and insert it back. Now boot your phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding the “Volume Down + Home button” together, and then press the “Power button” till you see the Android Construction logo. Once again press “Power Up” button to confirm.
3. Open “Odin.exe” (from extracted folder) and connect your phone via USB cable with your computer in download mode. If your phone is connected successfully the one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow/green.
4. Click on “PDA” button and select file “.tar.md5” (from extracted folder).
5. Please make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are checked on Odin.
6. Now, click on the Start button on Odin to start the installation process. Installation will take a few minutes to complete so please wait for the complete process.
7. Finally, when the installation process is completed successfully you will see the “PASS” message on Odin and then your device will reboot automatically. Now, you can disconnect your phone from computer.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3. Go and install Custom ROMs without sweat. This is the complete guide on how to root Galaxy S3 running on Android 4.1.2 Jellybean. If you face any problem then share with us via comments and we will try to provide you the best solution for it! Happy Rooting 😀