OnePlus 2 is the 2nd Flagship Killer from OnePlus Chinese-based OEM running on Custom OS named OxygenOS based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop version. Well, the company has already released Marshmallow update for OnePlus 2 and the users were eagerly waiting for OnePlus 2 Nougat update. But as per the recent news, it’s confirmed that the OnePlus will not release Nougat Update for OnePlus 2. Indeed, this is the bad news for the users but there is an another way to get your OnePlus 2 updated to Nougat and that’s via installing Custom Firmware.
The Egar Developers has came up with one of the best and stable Custom ROM for OnePlus 2 named HalogenOS. In case, if you want to have OnePlus 2 Nougat update, then you can do it from below. In this article, we will describe how to Install OnePlus 2 Nougat Update by providing all necessary download links.
HalogenOS (also known as XOS) is a one of the best Nougat Custom ROM in term of Stability for the OnePlus 2 which is Solely Based on LineageOS 14.1. The ROM is Very Clean and having ZERO Bloatware, but a Google Pixel Launcher is Patched inbuilt. This makes the ROM looks completely like Pixel Phone Operating System.
The ROM is having all the Stock Nougat Features and OxygenOS Camera Blob which gives the Stock Quality Pictures, even in a custom ROM.
OnePlus 2 Nougat Update Features
HalogenOS Nougat Custom ROM has all the Stock Pixel Android N features (like Doze Mode on the Go, Multi Windows Split, Data Saver, Vulkan, Java 8 and OpenJDK). A quick list of amazing features are given below, and we hope you would like to use it on your device:
- OnePlus OxygenOS Camera Blob
- Reworked Lockscreen Visualizer
- Modern Services -> Google Assistant etc.
- Substratum Theme Engine
- Great Audio quality, no distortions, no crap
- Optimized many portions of the system including surface flinger, input finger, System Server, and more
- Super fast boot
- Great battery life
- Soundmod support
- BusyBox Pre-Installed
- Super smooth
- Long press on home for assist toggle
- Kernel optimizations
- Offline Gestures support (super fast recognition)
- Dexpreopt for faster (first) boot time and less space consumption on data partition
OTA Availability: HalogenOS is eligible for the Over the Air (OTA) Update. You can update the phone directly from OTA App whenever they roll out a newer version of this firmware. Alternatively, you can check the latest version of XOS here!
Going forward, we have described complete step-by-step procedure on installing OnePlus 2 Nougat Update. But before Starting the tutorial, we recommend you to make a full backup of your existing data and files, as our tutorial will Wipe out your System.
If your Phone has TWRP Custom Recovery installed from before, we recommend you to make a full Nandroid Backup of Complete Image. Because we don’t know when anything goes wrong while installing a custom ROM.
ROM: Download HalogenOS OnePlus 2 Nougat Update (Choose the Latest One)
Google Apps: Download Official GApps
(Use Micro or Nano for a better result. Later on, you can download every Google Apps from Play Store.)
Meanwhile, you should also check the following Articles:
- Launcher: Top 10 Best Android Launchers 2017 (Nougat/Marshmallow/Lollipop)
- Tips: 5 Ways to Keep your Mobile Safe and Secure
- Your Phone must have TWRP Custom Recovery installed from before. If not, check this guide on installing TWRP on OnePlus 2.
- Your phone must have at least 80% charge. If not, do that first, because if the phone gets to switch off during the installation process, it may get permanently death.
- Your phone bootloader should be unlocked. Otherwise, you will be unable to install a custom recovery. Check this Guide for Unlocking OnePlus 2 Bootloader.
- You need to Paste the Downloaded ROM and GApps Zip file in the Root of Internal Storage, not in any folder.
- You can be on any Custom ROM or Official Firmware. It does not matter at all because we have a clean flash tutorial.
OnePlus 2 Nougat Update – How to Install HalogenOS Nougat Custom ROM
Let’s start the tutorial below and Install OnePlus 2 Nougat Update HalogenOS Custom Firmware using TWRP Custom Recovery.
Step 1: Copy and Paste the Downloaded Zip files (ROM + Google Apps) to your Internal Storage root (Not in any Folder).
Step 2: Switch Off the phone and get into Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 3: Once you are in Recovery Mode, perform a complete data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 4: Now come back to the main menu and tap on “Install” Option. From the list of your Internal Storage, choose the Android Nougat ROM ZIP (Namely XOS_oneplus2_7.1.2_xx/xx/xx.zip ) that you copied earlier.
Step 5: Confirm the Installation Process on the next screen by Swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. You installation procedure should begin now, and you will see some logs. Please wait till the Installation finished.
Google Apps: Once the ROM installation is completed, repeat the above steps from Step 4 to Step 5 for the Google Apps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
Step 6: Once the installation process is completed, perform a Cache Wipe by tapping on Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache button.
Step 7: Reboot the phone by tapping on “Reboot System” button.
Now please wait for some minutes as the First Boot takes a bit more extra time than the normal boot. So keep patient to see the latest Android Nougat ROM on your OnePlus 2.
Hurray! You have successfully installed OnePlus 2 Nougat update Custom firmware. Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
Hit 1+ or LIKE on Facebook to thank us. Further, if you got stuck in any steps, let us know by commenting below! We will reply you back as soon as possible.