Rooting any Android device opens-up many great possibilities of customization in our own’s way like installing the custom ROMs, root apps, themes, etc. Not only that, we can also enhance the device performance and also pull out some hidden features of any Android Smartphones. No doubt, playing with a rooted Android device is quite amazing. However, sometimes we are so messed up with the device that we start facing serious issues such as slow performance, freezing, unusual restarts, force close errors, etc. So, in order to resolve all the issues and to get your device back to a normal condition, you need to unroot and restore Stock ROM on your device.
Well, if you are struggling with the issues on your Samsung Galaxy S5 then restore the official Stock firmware to bring it back in a normal condition. Here, you will be guided through the simplest procedure to unroot Samsung Galaxy S5 and how to install the official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5. Here, you have to just follow the below mentioned steps carefully to get your device warranty back again. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Things To Be Kept in Mind:
- Ensure that your device must possess charging upto 70 – 80% to avoid trouble.
- Don’t forget to take a full backup of your device in an external SD card or on PC.
- Do enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your device found under “Settings” option.
- Install Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers from here or download “Moborobo” Tool.
1) Odin v3.09
2) Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5:
- Links at the end of the post
- Download Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 from above links according to your device model no. and service provider.
- Also you have to download ROM file according to your device baseband version. To obtain the baseband version, navigate to ‘Menu > Settings > About’ and check it.
Step To Install Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5
1. At first, make sure you have installed the drivers correctly on your PC.
2. After download files, you need to extract them all in one specified folder.
3. Now, Switch Off your phone completely and start your device into Download Mode by pressing and holding the ‘Volume Down + Home button’ together, and then press the ‘Power button’ till you see the Android Construction logo. Once again press ‘Power Up’ button to confirm.
4. Open “Odin.exe” and connect your phone in download mode itself. If your phone is connected successfully the one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow or green in color.
5. Select the files as per below instruction to install Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA/AP” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
6. Please make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes. (Note: Check Re-Partition box if you have selected “.pit” file)
7. Now, click on the “Start button” on Odin to start the installation process. Installation will take a few minutes to complete, so please wait for the complete process.
8. Finally, when the installation process is completed successfully you will see the “PASS” message on Odin and then your device will reboot automatically. Now, you can disconnect your device from the computer.
Congratulations! Now, you are on Stock ROM and your device warranty is back without any cost. So, I hope you all can install Stock ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S5 easily and smoothly. Still, if you need any help then immediately shoot a comment in a below comments box!
Download Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5
|Model Number||Download link|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900A||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900F (Snapdragon)||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900H (Exynos Octa)||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900T (Snapdragon/T-Mobile)||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900P (Sprint)||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900V (Verizon)||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900T1||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900I||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900M||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8||Download|
|Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4||Download|