The ‘Galaxy Note’ is one of the best Android Smartphone series from the Samsung manufacturer. Last year, the company came-up with the third iteration of Galaxy Note smartphone named ‘Samsung Galaxy Note 3’ featuring the most powerful hardware configuration ever. The flagship device houses a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED HD Display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, Quad-Core CPU, 3GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, and Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box.
The specs of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 not only attracts the users, but also third-party developers to work upon it and finding out the way to unleash its true potential. And they came up with the rooting method, various Custom ROMs, Kernels, mods, tweaks, etc. to avail notable experience on Galaxy Note 3. But the problem is that you must require sufficient knowledge about how to get this stuff on your Galaxy Note 3 and if you fail at some point then your smartphone may stop functioning properly or may get bricked.
In case, if you have encountered any issue and you want to return back to the Official Stock ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 then here is the way to do it. Definitely, you can also unroot Galaxy Note 3 using this same guide. So, here, I am going to guide through the step-by-step process on how to install the Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Let’s go then!
- Ensure that your device must possess charging upto 70 – 80% to avoid trouble.
- Have a full backup of your device data on an external SD card or on PC.
- Do enable ‘USB Debugging’ found under “Settings” option on your device.
- Install Samsung Galaxy Note 3 USB Drivers from here.
1) Odin v3.09
2) Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- SM-900 (Exynos)
- SM-N9005 (Snapdragon)
- SM-N9007 (Snapdragon)
- SM-N900S (Snapdragon 800 / LTE-A)
- SM-N9003 (China/WCDMA)
- SM-N9008 (China/TD-SCDMA)
- SM-N9009 (China/CDMA)
- SM-N9000Q (Turkey)
- SM-N9002 (Duos version)
- SM-N900T (T-Mobile USA)
- SM-N900A (AT&T)
- SM-N900P (Sprint)
- SM-N900V (Verizon)
- Download Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from above links according to your device model no. and service provider.
- Also you have to download ROM file according to your device baseband version. To check your device baseband version, follow to ‘Menu > Settings > About’.
Step To Install Official Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3
#Step 1: Firstly, download the appropriate ROM file and flash tool from the above specified links.
#Step 2: Once you have finished downloading, you need to extract them all in one specified folder.
#Step 3: Now, Turn your device completely off.
#Step 4: Then, start your device into Download Mode by pressing and holding the ‘Volume Down + Home button + Power button’ together till you see the Android Construction logo. Once again press ‘Power Up’ button to confirm.
#Step 5: Launch “Odin.exe” and connect your Galaxy Note 3 in download mode itself. If your phone is connected successfully the one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow, blue or green in color.
#Step 6: Select the files as per below instruction to unroot Galaxy Note 3. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA/AP” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
#Step 7: Please make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes. (Note: Check Re-Partition box if you have selected “.pit” file)
#Step 8: Now, click on the “Start button” on Odin to start the installation process. Installation will take a few minutes to complete, so please wait for the complete process.
#Step 9: At last, you will see the “PASS” message on Odin. It means all the tasks are completed and then your device will rebooted automatically. Finally, you can disconnect your device.
That’s it! Your device is restored to the Stock ROM successfully and also got the lost warranty back again. For any help, you can connect with us via the comments box below! Enjoy 😀