Simply, rooting an any Android Smartphone doesn’t make it unique or increase the device performance immediately. In fact, rooting is a way to gain administrative privileges of your device so that you can twist it in your own taste. However, rooting is much simpler nowadays and various ways exist that can help you to customize your Android Smartphone uniquely. The most common way is to go with Custom ROMs. Obviously, Custom ROMs are based Stock ROM only, but they are filled with richness of additional features and tweaks to enhance your device performance.
Well, if you have rooted your flagship Samsung Galaxy S5 and you are searching for the best Custom ROM then eventually your search ends here! Today, we have brought an awesome and the best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, i.e., Carbon ROM – a fast and multi-featured ROM. You can take a look at the complete list of features from here. So, here, we will gonna show you the complete procedure on ‘How to install Carbon Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5’.
- Charge your phone’s battery upto 70-80 %.
- Do enable the USB debugging (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging – Check Box).
- Ensure that you have backed up your all important data.
- Your phone must be rooted and CWM installed on it.
- Install USB drivers on your PC.
Steps To Install Carbon Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5
Step 1: Download all the above files on your Computer.
Step 2: Connect your device and copy both the downloaded files to external SD card. Disconnet your device.
Step 3: Now, Switch off your device and enter into Recovery Mode to do so:
- Press and hold “Volume Up + Home + Power button” for a few seconds, until the screen flashes and then release all the buttons.
Step 4: You will see custom recovery interface (main menu)with many options.
Step 5: In the recovery, you have perform data wiping task. To do so:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“, then select “Yes” for confirmation and wait till the data wipe is complete. Now, go to CWM recovery main menu.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and after that, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
Step 6: Again come to the recovery main menu from there select “Install zip from SD card” and give a path where you have placed Carbon Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5.
As you select the installation will start and it will take 3-5 minutes to complete so don’t hesitate and let the installation to be completed.
Step 7: Similarly, you can follow “Step 6” to flash “Gapps“.
Step 8: Once the flashing process gets over. Select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose “reboot system” to reboot your phone.
The phone will take 10-15 minutes to start and initialize all the services & apps, because this is the first time you are starting your device after installing the ROM.
Note: If you want to unroot Samsung Galaxy S5 and restore Stock ROM back then follow this guide.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Carbon Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5. Start exploring from the scratch to know more. In case, if you face any issues while following these steps or if you have any queries then you can ask us in the comments box below.