Coolpad Note 3 was launched back in October 2015 and was shipped with Android 5.1 Lollipop. The manufacturer has stopped rolling OTA (Over-the-Air) for further Nougat Upgrade. But the Developers are not sitting back without building a custom version. If you are a Coolpad Note 3 user and you want Android Nougat to be installed on your phone, then this article could be your great resource. As the Manufacturer of Coolpad Note 3 is not going to release Official Nougat Update, the wait is not worth. In case, if you want to have Coolpad Note 3 Nougat update, the only way is via installing Custom ROM.
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM for Coolpad Note 3 which is based on LineageOS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The ROM is Built with a combination of different firmware like OmniSwitch, Slim ROM, LineageOS, and Stock AOSP. Several features are modded and tweaked from before and can be used using GetResurrected Option in the Settings. The UI is Clean and fully debloated with several new features and improvement. The recent panel has been tweaked with OmniSwitch, and the Pie Control with Colour Customization Options are integrated with the Notification panel.
The ROM can be deeply customised with various options including fonts, languages, and colours. 100+ icons with Clock customization option makes the Home Launcher more attractive. Even the gestures anywhere feature available in this Nougat Build.
Resurrection Remix Nougat Custom ROM Features:
The ROM have all the Stock Android N features (like Doze Mode on the Go, Multi Windows Split, Data Saver, Vulkan, Java 8 and OpenJDK). A quick list of leading Tweaked features are given below, and we hope you would like to use it on your device:
- Enable/disable navbar
- Navbar colour tint
- Navbar button customization smart bar
- Double tap to sleep navbar
- Superuser indicator switch
- Double tap to sleep status bar
- Centre / Right / Left clock choice
- Battery icon customization (circle / landscape / portrait and more)
- Incoming / outgoing traffic Indicator
- Clear all button location (top right / top left / top centre / bottom left / bottom right / bottom centre)
- Configurable 0/90 / 180 / 270 degree rotation
- Double tap power button to enable camera gesture
- Optimisation to improve battery
- Includes all LineageOS features
In this article, we will explain entire step-by-step procedure on How to install Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Coolpad Note 3. So that, you can have Coolpad Note 3 Nougat update installed straight away. Make sure to read the all the steps once before actually performing it on your device.
Before starting the tutorial, we recommend you to make a backup of all your personal data, apps, contacts, messages, WhatsApp Chats, Call Logs and credentials. We don’t know if anything goes wrong with your device and we don’t want you would lose something because of our tutorial.
If you have TWRP recovery installed from before, we recommend you to create a Full Nandroid Backup image of your complete operating system. Because, in case, your installation got stuck, a Nandroid backup can restore the whole image and can bring the phone to the original position where it was.
ROM: Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM (Latest)
Google Apps: Download Official GApps
(Use Micro or Nano for a better result. Later on, you can download every Google Apps from Play Store.)
Meanwhile, you should also check the following Articles:
- Launcher: Top 10 Best Android Launchers 2017 (Nougat/Marshmallow/Lollipop)
- Tips: 5 Ways to Keep your Mobile Safe and Secure
Important Things to Remember
- This Custom ROM is only for Coolpad Note 3. Please do not try on any other variants of Coolpad.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Otherwise, this tutorial will not help you.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% charge. Charge the phone before starting the tutorial. Because if your phone gets to turn off while installing a ROM, your device may get death permanently. No one wants that, Right?
- Don’t forget to paste the downloaded Zip of ROM and Google Apps inside the Internal Storage Root (Not in any folder).
- Remove SIM Card and SD Card before installing the ROM
- Most of the Custom ROM tutorials are for factory Unlocked phones. This tutorial may not work if your phone bootloader is locked.
- Your phone can be on any Operating System. This tutorial will still work because TWRP will WIPE out the System.
Coolpad Note 3 Nougat Update – How to Install Resurrection Remix Nougat Custom ROM
Let’s start the tutorial below and update Coolpad Note 3 to Nougat using Resurrection Remix Nougat Custom ROM.
Step 1: Paste the Downloaded Zip files (ROM + Google Apps) to your Internal Storage root (Not in any Folder).
Step 2: Switch Off the phone and get into Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 3: Once you are in Recovery Mode, perform a complete data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 4: Now come back to the main menu and tap on “Install” Option. From the list of your Internal Storage, choose the Android Nougat ROM ZIP (Namely RR-N-v5.8.3-20170604) that you copied earlier.
Step 5: Confirm the Installation Process on the next screen by Swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. You installation procedure should begin now, and you will see some logs. Please wait till the Installation finished.
Step 6: Once the installation process is completed, perform a Cache Wipe by tapping on Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache button.
Step 7: Reboot the phone by tapping on “Reboot System” button.
Now please wait for some minutes as the First Boot takes a bit more extra time than the normal boot. So keep patient to see the latest Android Nougat ROM on your Coolpad 3.
Hurray! You have successfully installed Coolpad Note 3 Nougat update custom firmware. Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
If we helped you, please consider a Like on Facebook to thank us. Further, if you face any problem during the installation of this ROM, do let us know by commenting below. We will reply you back As Soon As Possible with the solution of your queries.