Samsung is more powerful in launching high-end Smartphones. A few months back, Samsung had launched a new series called Mega series and lined-up two Smartphones, i.e., Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Galaxy Mega 6.3. Both the phones have very similar specifications and runs on latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean to provide better user experience.
Today, I am here to provide you the first ever Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3. Regularly, we use Stock ROM and its normal features, but sometimes we want change and that can be gained by installing Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3. As we are aware that to install any Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3, first we have to root the device. So, I hope you have rooted your device, it’s too simple though. Presenting, Cassie’s XtraLite Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205, which is based on Stock ROM including tweaks for smoothness and better performance, extra customization features, increased battery performance, and many more. For more details about the ROM, you can refer this official XDA Thread link. As of now, I can say about this ROM is that this is the best Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205 with custom features.
In this post, I will show you the method to install Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3 with complete steps. Simply you have to just follow the below pre-defined steps and you’re done. So firstly, read the whole post intensely and at some point if you feel that you are not able to understand any step then immediately shoot a comment via below comment box! Let’s start the tutorial immediately!
Disclaimer: We (iDroidSpace.com) have not developed this Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3, so we are not responsible for any of the problems that you face after installing it. Make sure, you follow this post at your own risk only
Things To Check:
1. Charge your phone’s battery upto 70-80 %.
2. Do enable the USB debugging (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging – Check Box).
3. Ensure that you have backed up your all important data.
4. Your phone must be rooted and CWM installed on it.
5. Download the below file to your computer.
Steps to install Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3
Step 1: Once you download the above file, place it into external SD card.
Step 2: Switch off your device and enter into Recovery Mode to do so:
- Press and hold “Volume Up + Home + Power button” for a few seconds, until the screen flashes and then release all the buttons.
Step 3: Now, you have perform data wiping task. To do so:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“, then select “Yes” for confirmation and wait till the data wipe is complete. Now, go to CWM recovery main menu.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and after that, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
Step 4: Again come to the CWM recovery main menu from there select “Install zip from sdcard” and give a path where you have placed Cassie’s XtraLite Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3.
As you select the installation will start and it will take 3-5 minutes to complete so don’t hesitate let the installation to be completed.
Step 5: Finally, when the installation process is completed.
- Select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose “reboot system” to reboot your phone.
The phone will take 10-15 minutes to start and initialize all the services & apps, because this is the first time you are starting your device after installing the ROM.
Your Views on Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3
Now, it’s your turn to give feedback about the Cassie’s XtraLite Custom ROM for Galaxy Mega 6.3. So, How is the ROM? Did you find some extra features incurred in it? Do share your review in the below comments section as well as don’t forget to share this post with others. Enjoy 😀