Recently, the Motorola has released Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Moto X, Moto G and Moto E. Though it’s not a major update, but the users are blissful to have the latest version running on their Moto devices. The update is just to solve existing bugs in the build, so the UI interface and features remain unchanged. Well, there are many Custom ROMs available for Moto X using which you can not only change the interface but also enhance the device performance. Custom ROMs are unofficial builds filled with a lot of features, tweaks, mods, themes and much more.
Today, we have brought a Custom ROM for Moto X based on the latest stable Android 4.4.4 KitKat version. CMB Custom ROMs are the newest in the market available for only high-end Smartphones. Fortunately, the ROM is also ported for Moto X. The users who want to try out something new on their Moto X Smartphone can definitely go with the CMB ROM. It’s a fully customizable ROM with a Dark Black interface and Gray ActionBars. So, if you need help in installing Android 4.4.4 KitKat CMB Custom ROM for Moto X then you can go through our below mentioned guide.
Note: This ROM is compatible with all the variants of Moto X including Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Tim Brazil, etc.
- Please make sure that your battery must possess 70 – 80%.
- You can’t go further without enabling “USB Debugging” on your device.
- Your device bootloader must be unlock. If not, then follow this guide to unlock Moto X Bootloader officially.
- To flash the ROM, your device must possess Custom Recovery.
How To Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat CMB Custom ROM for Moto X
1) You have to download the update files from the below links.
2) Once you download all the files, copy that files to your device.
3) Now turn off your device.
4) It’s time to start your device in to “Recovery mode”. For that, press and hold “Volume Up + Power” Keys for a few seconds.
5) After you get the recovery, you have delete the previous ROM data. To do so:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“, then select “Yes” for confirmation and wait till the data wipe is complete. Now, go to CWM recovery main menu.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and after that, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
6) Finally, you can flash Android 4.4.4 KitKat CMB Custom ROM for Moto X and respective Gapps.
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select “ROM.zip” file > select “OK” to start the flashing process.
- Similarly, you can flash “Gapps” as above way.
7) Once the flashing process gets over. Select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose “reboot system” to reboot your phone.
The phone will take 10-15 minutes to start and initialize all the services & apps, because this is the first time you are starting your device after installing the ROM.
Voila! Now you have got a new CMB ROM on your Moto X Smartphone. As you go on using this CMB ROM, you can dig out many features that you haven’t seen on the Stock ROM. Well, if you encounter any issue while following the guide or you have any queries then tell us using the comments section below.