Have you ever thought that a device running on Android 2.1 Eclair will get an update of Android 4.4.2 Kitkat? Definitely, the answer will be a big NO! But, today, you will surprise to know that Sony Xperia X8 receives an unofficial Android 4.4.2 KitKat update via Omni Custom ROM. Sony Xperia X8 is a mid-range Smartphones features a 3-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen, 600MHz CPU powered by a Qualcomm MSM7227 processor and 168 MB RAM, Adreno 220 GPU, and 3.15 MP camera.
Of course, the ROM comes with all the Android 4.4.2 KitKat features to avail official KitKat experience on the device. As far as the bugs are concerned, then the ROM is still in the development stage so you might face some issues. Now, it’s totally up to you that you want to install this Omni Custom ROM on Sony Xperia X8 or not! If yes, then you can follow the below mentioned guide on “How to update Sony Xperia X8 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat [Omni Custom ROM].
Before moving ahead, it’s strictly recommended to read the whole post carefully and if you find any steps that are difficult to understand then please let us know using the comments section. However, if you’re an expert then simply jump to the step-by-step guide.
- Be ready with Computer running on Windows/Linux Operating System, device and Original USB data cable.
- Make sure your Sony Xperia X8 is rooted and bootloader unlocked.
- Needed USB Drivers must be installed on your PC.
- Your Sony Xperia X8 must have CWM/TWRP Recovery installed.
- Do Enable USB debugging mode (Menu (app drawer) > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box).
- Ensure that you have backed up your all important data.
Download ROM File:
Steps To Update Sony Xperia X8 To Android 4.4.2 KitKat [Omni Custom ROM]
Step 1: Firstly, you have to download “ROM & Gapps” files from the above links on your Computer.
Step 2: Connect your device to your PC using original USB data cable.
Step 3: Now, copy both the downloaded ROM and Gapps files in the root directory of your device.
Step 4: Disconnect your device.
Step 5: Shut down your device.
Step 6: Now, boot your device into the Recovery mode by pressing “Volume Up + Power” buttons together for a few seconds and from there, choose Recovery.
Step 7: Now, you have perform data wiping task. To do so:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“, then select “Yes” for confirmation and wait till the data wipe is complete. Now, go to CWM recovery main menu.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and after that, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
Step 8: Finally, you can flash the “Omni Custom ROM for Sony Xperia X8” and “Gapps”.
Step 9: Wait for the installation to complete.
Step 10: Once the process is completed successfully, then now you can “reboot your device”.
Note: Your device will take some more time to boot-up after installing any Custom ROM, so keep patience and wait for the device to be properly configured.
Finally, you can use Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your tiny Sony Xperia X8. So, start exploring it from the scratch and find as many bugs as you can! In case, if you need any help then just put your comments below and we will interact with you as early as possible. Enjoy